By Jeremy Say
TEKKEN 7 will be launching on June 2, 2017 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the PC via Steam. The company is touting it as the next big step for fighting games aficionados – big words, but considering Street Fighter V failed to step up, it’s more than plausible. Supposedly, TEKKEN 7 for the home console and PC even surpases its arcade counterpart by offering more balances and fine tuning, a dramatic story mode, online tournament modes and of course more characters. Boy do I feel old when I can still remember the eight original characters from the first Tekken. Ah, King I, I miss you!
Here is a list of special editions of the game that will be released:
- TEKKEN 7 COLLECTOR’S EDITION (Only available in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia – RIP ASIA)
- TEKKEN 7 SEASON PASS (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, STEAM) will grant players access to three content packs aimed to extend the TEKKEN 7 experience and will include new playable characters, new stages, a new game mode, costume packs, and a bonus 35-piece Metallic Costume Pack. *Each DLC pack contained within the TEKKEN 7 Season Pass may also be purchased separately.
- TEKKEN 7 PHYSICAL PRE-ORDER BONUS will feature DLC access to Eliza (yay, character DLC), the famed vampire character that made her TEKKEN debut in TEKKEN Revolution. Xbox One players will be treated to an added bonus of receiving a free copy of TEKKEN 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.
- DIGITAL XBOX ONE PRE-ORDER PACK will include DLC access to Eliza and a free copy of TEKKEN 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.
- TEKKEN 7 DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, STEAM) will include TEKKEN 7 and the Season Pass.
- TEKKEN 7 DAY 1 EDITION (available at participating retailers) will include a physical copy of TEKKEN 7 and the Eliza character DLC.
Ready to rumble?